With more than 70 years of experience in the diamond & fine jewelry industry, our certified gemologists will attend to your items of value with the respect and discretion they deserve. Our services – Including legal testimony are regularly utilized by the following agencies:
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Federal Customs Officials
- MA State & Local Law Enforcement
Each appraisal from Boston Appraisal Bureau contains the following elements:
- A detailed description of all diamonds and gemstones including carat weight, size, cut, color, clarity, hue, tone, and saturation.
- The content, quality, measurements, and weights of all precious metals
- Color photographs of all pieces
- The appraised value of all items
- Certification of authenticity from Boston Appraisal Bureau
Below is an example of a simple appraisal for one item:
How often should I have my jewelry items appraised?
Can my items be appraised while I wait?
What should I bring to have my items evaluated?
- Any previous diamond or gemstone valuation reports such as GIA or AGS
- Any documentation that came along with your purchase such as receipts or warranties
- Any previous appraisals
- Be sure to tell your appraiser the purpose of the appraisal
In most cases, we charge a flat rate of $25 per item. For estate valuations, larger collections, complex items requiring extensive research, in-home valuations, we are happy to provide a detailed estimate.
Boston Appraisal Bureau has two convenient locations listed below. In many cases, your appraisal can be completed within a couple hours – Especially if we know you are coming. We can also arrange a local pick-up or overnight delivery or discrete meeting n your home depending on your specific needs and circumstances.
In the Jeweler’s Exchange Building
333 Washington Street, 4th Floor
On Cape Cod (Osterville)
2 Wianno Ave,
Osterville, MA 02655